Thursday, April 14, 2011

A new job, same old... same old.

So I got the job at head office as the Online Marketing Assistant. The pay is shit but I accepted it anyway because I really just need to get out of the environment and location I'm currently in. I thought I would be happy and enthusiastic I have a new job but I'm really so apathetic either way. I don't know what's wrong with me..

Tom thinks it's because I've still got 6 or 7 weeks until I start there, and within that time frame there's just so much to do; because it's not a clean break and I'm not going to an entirely new job; because I'm leaving the environment and location of this job but it may not necessarily be all I hope it to be at the new place; because I'll be getting paid less than what I get paid now. But he also tells me that it's only 6 or 7 weeks until I go; I'll have a headstart in the new job because I know how to do the old job; because the new environment may be so fantastic that it reinvigorates my love for the company; because I might not notice the pay decrease since what I spend in parking here, I'll be spending in petrol - but what I get paid less in, I'll save in not being able to buy lunch anywhere.

I'm just so demotivated to do anything these days, even work on things outside of my day job. Lost motivation to create things, be driven, have hope for the future. I wake up, want to go back to sleep, go to work, want work to be over, go home, want to stay in bed. Everything seems so far away. Maybe I just need some time off. In which case I just need to get through tomorrow to have the weekend, and then get through 4 days of work to have a 4 day Easter weekend camping with the greenies.

I dunno. Maybe I just need a kick up the butt.

1 comment:

Rio said...

Kiiiiiick up your behind, here it is from your old mum. And remember it's such a treat to have such a wonderful duna cover, plus the pillow case to match that, plus the bed spread, warm and pretty, to go back to at night. No wonder you might feel like staying in bed instead. The cute little felt guys that you made are really popular around here. They cheer people up, and so they should you, too.
ganbare ganbare, Mountain Shrimp!

Mama ebi